Patient education program is important in helping patients and their families by providing knowledge, skills and inculcate positive attitude so that they would be able to manage their diseases for a complete rehabilitation process.
Unit Pendidikan Kesihatan
To promote health by providing quality, accurate and current health information and behaviour change.
Encouraging society towards a healthy lifestyle through self commitment to achieve a more productive life.
- To provide health information to the patients and public and increase their knowledge on diseases affecting their health.
- To inculcate positive attitude and practices to the patients and public so that they will achieve optimum health.
- To help promoting a healthy nation by disseminating health information to patients, visitors and health staff.
Health Education Unit provides and coordinate:
1. Patient Education Programmes including health education classes for diabetes, hypertension, renal and asthma patients.
2.Health promotion programmes
- Healthy Lifestyle Campaign eg Physical Activity, Healthy Eating, Not Smoking and Managing Stress. Activities included walking 10,000 steps, talks, exhibition, seminar, training etc.
- Celebrating Health Events eg World Health Day, World No Tobacco Day, Organ Donation Awareness Week etc.
- Broadcast in-house EMS TV network & MedikTV daily from 8.30 am to 4.30 pm.
3. Producing & Distributing Health Education Materials
- Posters, phamplets, booklets, flyers and videos (distributed to wards, departments and to the public)
4. Quit Smoking Clinic
We provide free counselling for clients who wish to stop smoking including in-
patients, staff and walk in clients. The clinic operates every Monday, Wednesday &
Thursday from 9 am to 4 pm and the service is available by appointment.
Talks at Patient Education Classes
Weekly Health Exhibitions at Main Lobby
Health Messages at Visitors Lift
Healthy Lifestyle Campaign & Health Events Celebration Activities
- Health Education Unit is located at Level 3, within Continuous Medical Education Complex.
- Quit Smoking Clinic is located at Health Promotion Resource Centre, Level 3 Hospital Selayang
Health Education Unit
Health Promotion Resource Centre / Quit Smoking Clinic
Head of Unit : Yussani bin Hashim,
Health Education Officer
Tel: 6120 3233 ext 3158
Quit Smoking Clinic Staff : Mohd Nublie bin Rahim,
Assistant Medical Officer
Tel: 6120 3233 ext 3156