Scope of Service
- Blood Bank provides compatible and safe blood and blood products to inpatients. The screened blood stock is supplied by the National Blood Transfusion Centre.
- Routine Chemistry, Therapeutic Drug Monitoring, Endocrinology, Tumour markers, Lipids, Specific proteins, Clinical Toxicology
- Basic coagulation, routine haematology
- Diagnostic Bacteriology, Immunology, Bacterial and Viral Serology, Mycology, Parasitology
- Histopathology, Cytology and clinical autopsy
- For medico legal cases the forensic pathologist from Institut Perubatan Forensik Negara will be consulted.
The Mortuary provides facilities for the following:
- Release of dead bodies
- Conducting post-mortem
- Temporary storage of dead bodies