(TRAIN ABILITY WITHIN DISABILITY)
Aras Tiga (3), Right Wing of the Main Block.
Providing physiotherapy services to patients from earliest stage of their acute illness so as to :
- maximise the potential for full recovery
- diminished the period of physical impairment
- attain best possible optimal physical function & quality of life
Physiotherapy deals primarily with the :
- assessment of physical capabilities
- identification & discrimination of actual /potential functional limitations
- planning of appropriate treatment programs
- rovision & direct supervision of therapeutic exs., manual therapy, mechanotherapy, thermotherapy, electrotherapy & hydrotherapy .
Patient Management includes
- Intervention : assessment, evaluation, preventive care, treatment & rehabilitation programme
- Patient & Family Education
The Department is an essential support unit providing services to the various disciplines in the hospital, Specialist and Out-patient Clinics using referral system; catering for both In-Patients & Out-Patients management.
The Department will operate from 0800 – 1700 hrs on working days ( Mondays-Fridays). We are closed on Weekend & public holidays
SCOPE OF SPECIALISATION
- Cardiorespiratory rehabilitation
- Musculoskeletal Rehabilitation
- Stroke Rehabilitation
- Women’s & Men’s Health
- Hand & Micro Surgery Rehabilitation
- Spinal rehabilitation
- Sports Injury Rehabilitation
- Geriatric Rehabilitation
- Burns Management
- Pain Management
- Special Children
- Vestibular Rehabilitation
- Surgical & Medical Cases
- Dermatology Conditions.
Physiotherapist has the AUTONOMY to select/choose & perform the best available modalities appropriate, safe and effective for the required condition being referred.
Governed by Standards of Physiotherapy Practice which is Evidenced –based & clinically effective.
- Physiotherapy will only attend to referred cases from Medical Practitioners either from Government or Private sectors.
- Patients will be charged according to the Fee Act (Medical) Order 1982
- Out-patients’ attendance is by appointment only which can be given on slot available. Patient is requested to make a new appointment once he/she has defaulted a treatment. This can be made through phone after 2.30pm. during working hours.
- In case of any cancellation of appointment, patient will be notified by phone/letter and a new appointment date will be given.
- Physiotherapist will discharge patient from physiotherapy once the criteria of discontinuing physiotherapy or goals of treatment have been met.
REGISTRATION OF PATIENTS:
- Client may register at the counter 15 minutes before the scheduled treatment session.
- On registration , payment will be collected according to the Fee Act (Medical) Order 1982 : RM 5.00, RM 60.00 ( Foreigner )
- Patient who is late for an appointment/treatment will be registered for treatment if there is a vacant appointment slot available. - Otherwise a new appointment slot will be given.
- Patient who has defaulted treatment for more than 3months will require a new referral to continue treatment.
Newly Renovated Wax Therapy & Hand Therapy Area
Newly Renovated Adult Gymnasium
Spinal & Electrotherapy Area
Newly Renovated Peadiatric Gymnasium
Raised up Hydrotherapy Pool
- Train ability within disability
- Retrain loss or reduce functional ability
- Regain functional ability
- Maintain existing capability
- Improving current functional status
- Educating carer/family members on Home Plan Programme
LEBUHRAYA SELAYANG- KEPONG
68100 BATU CAVES
SELANGOR DARUL EHSAN
03-61303368 ( dl. Ketua Jabatan)
03-61303233 samb 3095 ( Ketua Jabatan)
3122 ( Elektotherapi
3128 (Gymnasium Kanak-kanak)
3129 ( Gymnasium Dewasa)
3130 ( Hydrotherapy)
3101 ( Hand & Wax Therapy)